listed below are the 6 things you didn’t know about Cameroonian retired professional footballer and former captain of the Indomitable Lions Samuel Etoo Fils
- Samuel Eto’o Fils, was born on the 10th of March 1981 in the economical capital of Cameroon Douala.
- He attended the Kadji Sports Academy in Douala, Cameroon, and was first to come to national prominence while playing for UCB Douala, a second-division club, in the 1996 Cup of Cameroon. At only 16 years of age, he caught the attention of Real Madrid—one of the top teams in Europe—who signed him in 1997, though Eto’o saw little playing time. Nor did he see much action after joining Cameroon when it qualified for the 1998 World Cup but faltered in the first round.
- Eto’o made his name playing for Cameroon during the 2000 African Cup of Nations, where he scored four times, including a crucial goal for the Indomitable Lions’ gold-medal victory over Nigeria.
- He won 2 champions league trophies in 2006 and 2009.
- Eto’o has participated in four World Cups and six Africa Cup of Nations and is the all-time leading scorer in the history of the Africa Cup of Nations, with 18 goals, and is Cameroon’s all-time leading scorer and third most capped player, with 56 goals in 118 caps
- Samuel Eto’o Samuel is also considered one of the greatest African Footballers of all time.
Happy Birthday to the Legendary Footballer!