The Cameroonian music fans had been worried about the sudden silence of the Mac after their commemorative demonstration in Yaounde. This was done in memory of children who were victims of October 24, 2020 attack and all the other victims of the crisis raging in the North West and North Southwest of Cameroon. The Movement of Cameroonian Artists for Peace (MAC) went to Kumba, November 24, 2020 for a visit of comfort and assistance to the families of victims. Among this delegation, we could recognize singer Dynastie le Tigre and Conscious rapper Xzafrane who represent all artists concerned with peace, unity and social cohesion.
Subsequently, the delegation of the Movement of Cameroonian Artists for Peace (MAC) went to meet the Mayor of the city, as well as several other local authorities in order to have more details on the current situation and to set out their plan of action.
The delegation also visited the class room and where the kids were laid to rest.
The Movement of Cameroonian Artists for Peace (MAC) through a press release, presented to the general public some actions which constitute the continuation of activities of it’s campaign for the return of peace in the North-West and South-West regions of Cameroon:
- Production of a collective song on peace in Cameroon.
- Production of a collective sketch on peace in Cameroon.
- Production of a collective photo series on peace in Cameroon.
- Organization of a series of educational talks, caravans, film screenings, art exhibitions, raids on schools and universities, peaceful public demonstrations.
- Requests for hearings with political leaders (Opposition and ruling party) and to some actors of civil society in order to have a clear idea on what has really been preventing the resolution of this crisis for 4 years.
- Organizing a concert for peace.